Sub Category: STCW Courses
USD 58.00/ PAX
Price in Php:
Standard of Competence
- Every candidate for a certificate of proficiency in fast rescue boats shall be required to demonstrate competence to undertake the tasks, duties and responsibilities listed in column 1 of table A-VI/2-2.
- The level of knowledge of the subjects listed in column 2 of table A-VI/2-2 shall be sufficient to enable the candidate to launch and take charge of a fast rescue boat in emergency situations.
- Training and experience to achieve the necessary level of theoretical knowledge, understanding and proficiency shall take account of the guidance given in part B of this Code. Every candidate for certification shall be required to provide evidence of having achieved the required standard of competence through:
- demonstration of competence to undertake the tasks, duties and responsibilities listed in column 1 of table A-VI/2-2, in accordance with the methods for demonstrating competence and the criteria for evaluating competence tabulated in columns 3 and 4 of that table; and
- examination or continuous assessment as part of an approved training programme covering the material set out in column 2 of table A-VI/2-2.
- Seafarers qualified in accordance with paragraph 10 in fast rescue boats shall be required, every five years, to provide evidence of having maintained the required standards of competence to undertake the tasks, duties and responsibilities listed in column 1 of table A-VI/2-2.